If you like the taste of Cheeze-it crackers, you’ll love these chips!
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
1. Heat water and pour over cheddar spread in a large mixing bowl. Stir until dissolved, then add the potato flakes and seasonings and stir well. The mixture will be very thin at first but will thicken over approximately 10 minutes. Stirring periodically during the thickening process helps to make a smoother batter.
2. Using non-stick jellyroll pans or non-stick cookie sheets, carefully drop small teaspoonfuls of batter (about the size of a quarter) 1 inch apart, as you would with cookies.
3. Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until chips look dry and are a golden brown, but not burned. Baking time may vary depending on your location.
4. Using a metal spatula, immediately remove chips to cool on paper towels. If chips wrinkle or are difficult to remove, they are under-baked.
5. Store tightly covered.
1. Due to the difference in brands of instant potatoes, the amount of water needed may vary. As the batter sits, it will continue to thicken, making additional water necessary to maintain a workable consistency. Too thick a batter will result in a significantly yield of chips and too thin a batter will result in chips that tend to have h0les and break easily.
2. A jellyroll pan will hold approximately 5 dozen chips and working with 3 pans in rotation gets the job done the fastest. This recipe will make up to 240 potato chips (20 dozen chips) depending on the thickness of the batter and how large you make each chip.
3. While this process may seem tedious and time-consuming, the results are so tasty that it’s well worth the time spent to create healthy and yummy potato chips for your family!